The Village of Bergen maintains the sanitary and storm sewer system throughout the Village. If you have any questions or concerns please call the Village Office.
The Village of Bergen's sanitary system is a "gray water" septic system. Each residence or commercial building has its own septic tank. The liquid from the tank finds its way to the sewer treatment plant via gravity and several pump stations placed throughout the village. Approximately every three years, the tanks are cleaned of all the remaining solids. It is very important that you leave the area around your septic tank cover clear to allow workers easy access. If you are unaware of the location of your tank, you can request a map of its location from the Village Office.
Re-Levy of Unpaid Sewer Bills to Taxes
After May 9th of each year, any unpaid sewer bill will be added to your Village tax bill.
Paying Your Bill
The Village of Bergen currently offers five ways to pay your utility bills:
- Pay online through our Utility Payment Portal
- Mail to PO Box 100 Bergen, NY 14416
- Use the secure drop box near the front door of the Village Office at 11 N Lake Ave.
- Pay in person at the Village Office, Monday-Friday 8:30-4:00
- Pay over the phone using a credit card (American Express cards not accepted at this time)
- Automatic withdrawal from your bank account or credit card. Call the Village Office at (585) 494-1513 to set up this option.
Please Note: As of June 1, 2011 the minimum charge for which a credit or debit card may be used will be $20.
|Basic Debt Service Charge per Unit:|
Low (0-15,000 gallons)
Average (15,000-40,000 gallons)
High (over 40,000 gallons)
Fixed Usage Rate
$75 per unit
$90 per unit
$100 per unit
$75 per unit
- Consumption Levels (low, average and high) are reviewed annually for adjustment between rate classes for each customer.
- Water consumption is based on yearly report provided by Monroe County Water Authority.
Industrial Pre-treated sludge
|Quarterly Volume||Rate per 1000||Consumption||Charge|
|0-250,000 gallons||$5.00||low (0- 30,000 gallons)||$135.00 per unit|
|250,001 – 1,000,000||$4.00||Average (30,001-60,000)||$155.00 per unit|
|Over 1,000,000||$3.00||High (over 60,001)||$210.00 per unit|
- These rates apply to commercial and industrial users both inside the Village and outside.